Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Book Review Rating System

When I review books I have a very convoluted system. Sometimes it doesn't even make sense to me. But for the most part this is how it goes.


A 1 or 2 star review is very rare, because if I think that little of a book I seldom finish it. 


A 3 star is a good read. Everything about it could be good. It could be the same level of good as a five star book, but if it doesn't leave me thinking or wanting more....it is a 3. 


A 4 and a 5 are very similar. 4's are the books I wish I didn't have to put down and 5's are the books I couldn't put down. 


In the next month or so I will be reviewing quite a few books.


Blood & Light by Rue Volley
Stolen by Catherine Stovall
Venn: Reborn by Roxanne Hunter
and a few more.


So keep an eye out for my book reviews.
If you would like me to review a book, 
or if you would like to review Sunny With a Chance of Homicide just email me at theresa.renee.stoddard@gmail.com


Sometimes life happens, and there can be delays. But rest assured, I will review it, eventually.


Which reminds me...
I also am going to review The Time Weaver by Thomas A. Knight.






4 comments:

  1. Well, as you know, I did review 'Sunny with a chance of Homicide'. If you ever feel like reviewing 'The White Rajah' or 'Cawnpore', I'd be delighted. They're probably a bit out of your usual run of reading, but, as you say elsewhere, 'Change is a good thing.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are they about? I read just about everything but westerns. If you want you can send it to theresa.renee.stoddard@gmail.com I also have another novel, Don't Ask, Don't Tell which is a YA gay rights novel completely different from Sunny. The sequel to Sunny will also be out eventually.

      Delete
  2. They're historicals. I won't say any more, as it will be interesting to see how you come at them with no preconceptions. I'll send you 'The White Rajah'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on its way. Let me know if you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete