Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is an anti-gay policy sweeping the Bible Belt portion of the nation. Freshman journalism student Rachael Ainsley goes undercover as a high school senior named Cassie Rae for a tell-all exposé, hoping to drastically alter the Gay Rights Movement. She instantly befriends the gayest boy in school. Imagine his surprise when he finds out who she is…
“I’m Zane. These are the consequences.”
He handed her a small booklet.
Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Policy
1. No student may openly discuss their sexual orientation if it lies outside of the traditional man-woman pairing.
2. No student may take another student of the same sex to a dance or school function as anything more than friends.
3. No same sex student may show any public displays of affection [PDA].
4. No male student may wear female clothing.
5. No male student may wear make-up.
6. All books addressing or promoting homosexuality are hereby banned.
7. If any student makes their unfavorable sexual orientation known they will thereby forfeit their gym class, which will be replaced by Reformation Hall.
8. Students forfeit inclusion in sports and extra-curricular activities if they let their unfavorable sexual orientation known.
9. If a student is “cured” he or she may return to gym and other all extra-curricular activities.
First Warning: Removal from gym.
Second Warning: Removal from sports and other extra-curricular activities.
Third Warning: In School Suspension ISS
Fourth Warning: Suspension
Fifth Warning: Expulsion
If all students follow this handbook, we will have a happy and uneventful year. By continuing to attend classes, you have agreed to the terms and agreements within.
She closed the pamphlet in horror. How could this be legal? If they substituted gay for black, suddenly it would be something to cause outrage with students. It was still an outrage, at least to her. And after a month of undercover attendance, she would expose this ludicrous plan to the world. The ACLU and other organization would have a field day. She was so lost in her thoughts she forgot all about Zane, who was staring at her waiting for her opinion.