Friday, November 25, 2011

The Dream I Had Last Night

I had a startling dream last night. My current boss was in it and she was being strangely nice to me. That should have been the first sign that something was amiss. But she wasn't my boss from work or anything like that, I think she was an English teacher or some such thing. (Which is absolutely ridiculous, because English is her second language.) Anyway. Some friend of mine had given her an outline or something of a novel of mine and she came up to me and said "You don't need to stay all of class. Each day you can come in, do one paper, and then leave to work on your novel." So I was pretty excited. She then said "Oh. I doubt you could write a novel anyway." And I looked at her and said "I have written a novel and I have several in the works right now." She gave me this condescending look and said "Oh. I meant you could never write a good novel." and scoffed at me.


Instead of disappointing me, it made me even more determined to write some timeless, brilliant novel. Here's hoping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment