Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Farewell NaNoWriMo

It is time for me to stop kidding myself. While I am still a strong believer of NaNoWriMo for others, it is just not for me. I cannot focus solely on one novel. It is not my style. I will end up getting bored of writing one, and writing another 2,000 words on another novel. Maybe even a few on another. 


There is no doubt that I will write 50,000 words during the month of November, but it will not be on one single novel. 
The months started off with lots of hours at work and being really sick. I still have the remnants of the mutant cold. Long story short. I'm out. Done. Finito. No more NaNo for me. Not now. If there is ever a time in my life when I am only working on one novel and have the time to do so, then, and only then will I attempt it again. 


Like my fiance has been saying lately. If it stops feeling fun and starts to feel like work/or forced, stop until it is fun again.


After all, writing is my passion. If I get to make enough money to live on with my writing, it still wouldn't be work. It is a drive. A love. So I will continue adding to Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Aluria: The Prophecy, and my Alzagnia(working title) and soon I will be getting back to the sequel of Sunny With a Chance of Homicide. So, halfway through I throw in my towel, because a writing exercise/contest isn't worth making my writing strained and feel like work. Good luck to those still faithful to NaNoWriMo. 


November is the month where you make a huge goal, and you end up accomplishing a bunch of other ones. Be it focusing on other works, editing, or something unrelated to writing. Chances are you have accomplished more than you think this November.


Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment