Saturday, September 24, 2011

2,000 words. Once awesome, now dull.

A year ago I would have been thrilled to write 2,000 words in a sitting. It would be a pretty good streak. Not my best, but not too shabby, either. Even a few weeks ago I felt good after 2,000 words. But now it is just not cutting. It doesn't seem like it takes me much effort to write 2,000 words. Is that a good thing, or a bad? Am I upping my stamina, and soon 3,000 will make me feel good? Or will I never be satisfied by my wordcount. What I am writing now just comes so easy to me. No effort whatsoever needed. The words write themselves, it's like I have to fight to keep up. While I enjoy that, I also love to be puzzled as to my character's next steps. Writing them out of tough situations. These characters are writing themselves in and out of situations, and it's like I'm just here for the ride. Maybe it's a good thing. I hope at least my readers will find it so. What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment