Tuesday, September 20, 2011

KF Ridley interview and book review.



Welcome to my blog Kim!
If you could be anything you wanted, not writing related, what would it be?
A philanthropic billionaire

What is your favorite piece you've written? 

The Curse of Yama is my favorite Middle grade. DIRT, which is about to be released is my favorite YA that I've written.

Is the The Curse of Yama of the C. Walker Adventures your first published work?

Yes, it sure is. But it won't be my last. There are 5 books slated for the series.

Where do you write best? 

Anywhere, anyplace, anytime. I could be sitting down, eating dinner or shopping and things pop into my head. I always have paper and pen ready.But I write when ever and where ever I can.
Do you outline or write as you go? I usually just start writing. I have it outlined in my crazy brain.

Who or what is your biggest inspiration? 

THE MOVIES!!! I love the movies. My books kind of roll like movies in my head. I guess that is why I eat a lot of popcorn.

What is your favorite genre to read? To write? 

Action Adventure, fantasy...To write? I like MG and YA. I am usually writing and reading several things at once.

Favorites:

Author: J K Roling
Travel Destination: Italy, Scotland....anywhere
Food: YES..food in general is a favorite. I couldn't pick just one thing. But I try to eat organic.
Beverage: Iced tea
Movie: Pride and Prejudice
TV Show: American Idol
Book: Harry Potter Series
Animal: Horses

Tell everyone about your upcoming installment in the C. Walker Adventures
The next book in The C Walker series is called The Castle of Family Secrets. Based in Scotland, Chloe finds out about her family's legacy which leads her to an adventure of a mythological underworld. Dr. C.Y. Clops is the veternarian who helps Chloe and Sotol protect the family secret that has been hidden for generations.

I will be at Booksellers of Laurelwood in Memphis for a Booksigning on October 8th, 2011.

Where people can find youwww.kfridley.com


My Review of The Curse of Yama by KF Ridley:




I saw the cover of The Curse of Yama and I knew that I just had to read it. So, in this case, I really did judge a book by its cover. And I was right. The Curse of Yama, the first in the C. Walker Adventures by KF Ridley does not disappoint. Right off the bat you are introduced to a spunky 12, almost 13 year old girl named Chloe. She is sarcastic, smart, witty and seems old for her age(Not like a lot of female characters you find in books now-a-days). She is close with her family, but also very independent, making her the perfect candidate for an awesome adventure. And boy does she find one. It is refreshing to see The Curse of Yama masterfully blend the gods we learn about in school with a fresh curse to accompany them. This book is for any kid, and the kid in all of us. Even the minor characters in this book are engaging, and you get attached to everyone, especially the animal characters. If I had to compare it to anything, I would call it a mix between The Wild Thornberrys and a younger Indiana Jones. I can’t wait for the next one to see what adventure life takes Chloe next book. KF Ridley is definitely an amazing author to keep an eye out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment