Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My take on French's Crunchy Onion Chicken

The other day during work I saw a commercial for chicken. French's Crunchy Chicken to be exact. I have been wanting to try it since. It seems fairly straight-forward. Chicken breasts. Egg. French fried onions. Flour. Upon reading the reviews I am making changes before I even start. 

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups (4 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
egg, beaten

Directions:

Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.
Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.

My turn:
I made some slight alterations:
Ingredients:
2 cups of generic french fried onions
salt
pepper
oregano
lemon pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 egg beaten.


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400°F combine flour, onions, and spices in a bag and crunch them.
 Place chicken in the egg mixture to moisten.

 Toss them in the bag shake-and-bake style. Arrange them on a pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip. Cook another ten minutes. Take out and enjoy.

Before
After.

It was tasty and very easy. Next time I would use fresh squeezed lemon instead of egg. 
Other than that, the only problem I had was the same problem I have with shake-and-bake.
Getting all of the outside to stay on. And on a side-note. That baked potato was absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment